There’s no doubting the sometimes heroic loyalty and love a little dog is capable of protecting those he loves most in life.
This is the case in Merauke, Indonesia. A man named Achy Wiwaya woke up in the morning to a terrible scene. His dog was in agony because he had given his own life to save his family.
The little dog gave his life to save his masters from intruders in their home.
Achy was truly shocked and upset when he found his little dog almost lifeless on the grass. Although he heard him barking during the night, he did not worry, because the dog just stopped barking.
But in reality, what had happened was much more tragic than that. Indeed, the dog had eaten something that people had thrown him to silence his barking. The worst thing is that because of the barking of the dog, these thieves got scared and instead of running away, they decided to kill the animal, without taking anything from the house.
The little dog was therefore a hero who managed to chase them away, thus fulfilling the task of defending his family.
“WE DIDN’T RESPOND BECAUSE OUR DOG STILL BARKED. WE DIDN’T REALIZE WHAT HAPPENED UNTIL WE FOUND THE LIFELESS DOG,” ACHY SAID ON FACEBOOK.
The family was apparently asleep when the intruders tried to break into the house. Achy said that although the dog started barking, they didn’t bother to go and see what was going on, thinking he was actually bothering a cat.
Something he will never forgive himself, because the next day he discovered a shocking and heartbreaking scene.
“HE WAS LYING IN HIS OWN VOMIT WITH FOAM COMING OUT OF HIS MOUTH, WHICH CLEARLY INDICATED IT WAS A SUBSTANCE”LAMENTED THE DOG OWNER.
He then said that although they had intended to take him to the vet immediately, in a last desperate attempt to save his life, it was not possible. Turns out they live in Papua and the only vet nearby only treats cattle.
Also, it happened on a Sunday, and all the vet clinics were closed.
And in countries with as few conditions and resources as Indonesia, it seemed the dog’s fate was already sealed. The owners therefore had no choice but to help him with what they could at home.
They gave him milk, oil and coconut milk so the poison wouldn’t affect him so much, but he was so weak that in the end they just accompanied him on his last breath, until he died. let it cross the rainbow.
Achy filmed this sad final moment and posted it on social media. You can watch it here, but we’re not including it in this article because it’s really devastating moments that aren’t enjoyable at all.
Besides, the man received some criticism. However, as he points out, he wanted to document those last seconds to honor the life of his beloved pet. And also to warn all owners to be extra careful when their dogs bark excessively at night as they may be in real danger.
Some users who saw the video commented:
“THIS MADE ME CRY! THE DOG WAS CRYING TOO. LOOK AT THE TEAR IN HIS EYE!”
Rest in peace, sweet faithful angel! You are a great hero who deserves all the happiness on the other side of the rainbow. You will never be forgotten.