BigLove, it’s finally a bit what you feel as soon as you sit down in one of the group’s restaurants big mamma – Ober Mamma, Pink Mamma, East Mamma, Mamma Primi, La Felicita… – , to taste the famous truffle pasta or one of the best Neapolitan pizzas in the world. And even more when you learn that the trattoria menu BigLove Caffee has become 100% vegetarian since the start of the school year. The opportunity to ask the chefs for their best meatless pasta recipes, taken from the book “La cucina di Big Mamma”, to copy on this World Italian Food Day.
5 pasta recipes to try
1.PASTA BOMBA ROSSA Spaghetti with spicy tomato sauce and basil
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
- In a skillet, heat the tomato sauce, olive oil and half the basil leaves for 5 minutes over low heat. Salt, pepper and add 1 pinch of Espelette pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in a large pot of salted boiling water. Drain them with tongs 5 minutes before they are cooked and put them in the pan with the Mantecare tomato sauce.
- Add 1 ladle of pasta cooking water and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Put the pasta in deep plates.
- Add the candied cherry tomatoes, the remaining basil leaves and 1 pinch of Espelette pepper.
- Drizzle with olive oil and serve immediately.
2. BURRATELLI, burrata and tomato tortellini