Tank Farm Agent ($22.00/hr)
- Must be able to pass the general knowledge test & colour blindness test.
Must have a good working knowledge and understanding of the fuel facility and hydrant system.
- Must possess and maintain a valid restricted area pass and valid driver license.
Must be flexible to work all hours/days including nights, weekends and holidays as dictated by operational requirements.
- Knowledge of computers and also comfortable in using computerized systems.
Working knowledge of CSA B836-14, ATA 103 and ASTM Quality Control Procedures and other related specifications.
Must be able to follow and to adhere to all Swissport policies and procedures as well as those direct by the station.
- Receive and dispense fuel from trucks and pipelines.
- Monitor tank levels to ensure a safe and sufficient volume of fuel is on hand at all times.
- Monitor pressure gauges and flow transmitters to ensure the proper flow of fuel to the hydrant system and other fuel facilities.
- Perform quality control tests of fuel being received and dispensed from the fuel storage facilities.
- Conduct facility inspections and checks (daily, monthly, quarterly and annual) in accordance with the CSA B836 and ATA-103 standards.
- Coordinates with shippers to ensure all fuel deliveries commence as scheduled.
- Provide relief Vista pipeline leak detection testing when required.
- Maintain loading racks and fuel storage equipment.
- Complete records and inspection forms as instructed by immediate Supervisor.
- Log and report discrepancies observed.
- Clean and maintain the work area.
- Assist with cleanup of fuel spills.
- Be able to climb stairs and work at elevations as well performs all physical requirements.
- Be able to respond to and work in emergency conditions as required.
- Be able to work in all weather conditions.
- Be safety conscious and be able to work following safety procedures.
- Complete fuel inventory and data entry functions as required to ensure fuel accounting accuracy.
- Perform and assist mechanics for the repairing and maintenance necessary to prevent functional breakdowns.
- Able to work various shifts, with varying start times as per operational requirements.
- Perform other duties as requested by your immediate Supervisor.
Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent.
Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
Must have ability for high level attention to detail in regards to paperwork, documentation and record keeping.
Capacity to work effectively and efficiently with limited supervision.
Able to work under time constraints and a problem solver.
The work environment characteristics described herein is representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities as defined under the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Employment Equity Act to perform the essential functions.